The Edwards EST SIGA-OSD smoke detector brings advanced optical (photoelectric) technology to a practical design that increases efficiency, saves installation time, cuts costs, as well as extends life safety and property protection capabilities. Continuous self-diagnostics ensure reliability over the long haul, while environmental compensation helps reduce maintenance costs.
In general, like all Signature Optica Series detectors, the Edwards EST SIGA-OSD is an intelligent device that gathers analog information from multiple optical sensors, converting this data into digital signals. Also, utilizing dual optical wavelengths combined with multiple detection angles, the SIGA-OSD differentiates particles that are not representative of actual smoke. Particle data is input into digital filters which feed a series of ratios removing signal patterns that are typical of nuisance sources, thus reducing unwanted alarms. Besides, to make an alarm decision, the detector’s onboard microprocessor measures and analyzes all-optical sensor readings and compares this information to preprogrammed settings.
Features / Specifications
- Multi-criteria optical smoke sensing technology
- Wide 0.5 to 4.36 %/ft. (1.6 to 13.6 %/m) smoke obscuration
- Uses Existing Wiring
- Integrated nuisance rejection reducing unwanted alarms from general cooking particulates
- Automatic Device Mapping
- Up To 250 Total Signature Addresses Per Loop
- Two Levels of Environmental Compensation
- Two Levels of Dirty Detector Warning
- Five Sensitivity Settings
- Sensor Markings Provide Easy Testing Identification