The Edwards SIGA-SB4 Detector Base is a 4 Inch simple type of base. After all, the mounting bases possess wiring terminals that are accessible from the room-side to the base in the box. The SIGA-LED Remote LED is supported by this Base. The Edwards SIGA-SB4 Detector Base is the basic mounting base for EDWARDS Signature Series detectors.
These bases mount in a word at North American are 1-gang boxes and to 3½ inch octagon boxes, 1½ inches deep. They also mount to European BESA and 1-gang boxes with 60.3 mm fixing centers.
To install the SIGA-SB4 Detector Base:
- Mount the SIGA-SB Detector Base on a compatible electrical box using the screws provided with the electrical box.
- Wire the base as shown in the “Wiring” section.
- Write the address assigned to the detector on the label provided and apply the label to the inside rim of the base.
- Use a SIGA-TS trim skirt to finish the installation as needed.
To wire the SIGA-SB4 Detector Base:
- Wire the detector base. Break the wire run at each terminal. Do not loop the signaling line circuit field wires around the terminals.
- Insulate the shield with electrical tape.