The Edwards SIGA-PS Smoke Detector collects information from the smoke element and in other words, has a result of transformed into digital signals.
The detectors can measure and analyze the signals to compares the information with the record of readings to make patterns and however produce an alarm decision. The filters will have to remove making the signal patterns that are not typical of fires to do the unwanted alarms eliminate.
The microprocessor in each detector provides four additional benefits that you will see in the specifications below:
- Self-diagnostics and History logs,
- Automatic and stable Communication.
The detector runs self-checks to provide important maintenance information and therefore as a result of the updated and permanently stored in the memory. After that, the controller read where each device’s serial number address is installed corresponding to other devices on the circuit.
In addition, the mapping provides supervision of each device’s installed location to prevent a detector from being reinstalled in a different location from where it was originally.
On-board intelligence is that less information needs to be sent between the detector and the loop controller. In conclusion, the Edwards SIGA-PS Smoke Detector is compatible only with the Signature Loop Controller.
This detector will not operate without electrical power and also will not sense if the fire starts in locations where the smoke cannot range the detector, let said if the smoke is coming from fires in walls, roofs, or on the opposite side of closed doors may not reach the detector causing to not activate the alarm system.
In conclusion, below we have some of the specifications for this device:
- Light Scattering Principle.
- Sensitivity Range ULI/ULC – 0.67% to 3.77% obscuration/foot.
- Pre-alarm Sensitivity 5% increase, allowing up to 20 pre-alarm settings.
- Operating Voltage 15.2 to 19.95 Vdc (19 Vdc nominal).
- High Impact Engineering.
- Automatic day/night sensitivity adjustment.
- Standard, relay, fault isolator, and audible mounting bases.
- Intelligent detector.
- Twenty pre-alarm sensitivity values, set in 5% increments.