The System Sensor COSMO-2W combines CO and smoke detection into one device, requiring less wiring and fewer back boxes than two separate devices. The i4 Series is compatible with i3 (2WTA-B or 4WTA-B), so an attractive CO monitoring solution can easily be retrofitted into existing i3 installations. The i4 Series CO cell can be easily replaced at end-of-life, resulting in a much lower life cost than having to replace the entire detector.
The System Sensor COSMO-2W Combination CO/Smoke detector requires less wiring than two separate CO and smoke devices. Installers can pre-wire its plug-in base, while its large wire-entry port and in-line terminals provide ample room for neatly routing wiring. The base accommodates several back box options and also direct mounts using drywall anchors. The i4 head plugs into the base with a simple Stop-Drop `N Lock™ action. When the detector’s CO cell reaches the end of life; it can be easily replace in the field without a tool.
With the help of the module, the i4 Series transmits distinct CO and smoke signals, allowing appropriate response from the central monitoring station. Intelligent features, such as drift compensation and smoothing algorithms, reduce nuisance alarms.
Features / Specifications
- Single device for CO and smoke detection that uses less wiring and fewer junction boxes
- Compatible with a wide range of control panels with the use of the required i4 Interface Module.
- Sends distinct smoke and CO signals to the panel
- LEDs display both CO and smoke status
- Versatile mounting allows for wall or ceiling placement
- Drift compensation and smoothing algorithms provide false alarm immunity
- RealTest® enables functional test using canned CO