The Bosch D263 two-wire photoelectric smoke detector uses an infrared LED light source and a silicon photodiode to measure light in a chamber. Each of these Bosch D263 detector models is UL Listed and works with commercial fire protective signaling and household fire warning systems. Each model detects smoke particles produced during wood, paper, and fabric combustion.
These detector models use an infrared (IR) LED light source and a silicon photodiode to measure light in a chamber. A fine screen covers the chamber to deter insects and to reduce dust accumulation and nuisance alarms. During a fire, smoke particles reflect light onto the photodiode. When the photodiode measurements exceed the alarm threshold, the detector signals an alarm condition. After the alarm condition clears, interrupt power at the control panel to reset the detector. Use a D132B Reversing Relay Module to activate the sounder (85 dB at 10 ft [3 m]). When using a D132B, the LED does not latch on the alarm.
Features / Specifications
- Relative Humidity: Up to 93%, non-condensing
- Operating Temp.: +32°F to +120°F (0°C to +40°C)
- Two-wire application
- 12 V or 24 V input
- Designed for commercial or residential use
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) indicate the status of the chamber, power, and alarm
- Removable terminal block to simplify wiring connections