The System Sensor SPSR wall speaker strobe reduces costly ground faults using a plug-in design and universal mounting plate that allow the installer to pre-wire mounting plates, dress the wires, and confirm wiring continuity before plugging in the speakers. In addition, a protective plastic cover prevents nicked wires by covering exposed speaker components.
These devices also enable faster installations by providing instant feedback to ensure that wiring is properly connected, rotary switches to select voltage and power settings, and 11 field-selectable candela settings for both wall and ceiling speaker strobes. The low total harmonic distortion of the SP speaker offers high fidelity sound output while the SPV speaker offers high volume sound output for use in high ambient noise applications.
SpectrAlert Advance speaker, as well as speaker strobes, shall mount to a 4 × 4 × 21⁄8-inch back box. The notification appliance circuit and amplifier wiring shall terminate at the universal mounting plate. Also, SpectrAlert Advance speaker strobes, when used with the Sync•Circuit™ Module accessory, shall be powered from a non-coded notification appliance circuit output and shall operate on a nominal 12 or 24 volts. When used with the Sync•Circuit Module, 12-volt rated notification appliance circuit outputs shall operate between 8.5 and 17.5 volts; 24-volt rated notification appliance circuit outputs shall operate between 16.5 and 33 volts. Indoor SpectrAlert Advance products shall operate between 32°F and 120°F from a regulated DC, or full-wave rectified unfiltered power supply. Speaker strobes shall have field-selectable candela settings including 15, 15/75, 30, 75, 95, 110, 115, 135, 150, 177, 185.
Features / Specifications
- Plug-in design and protective cover reduce ground faults
- Universal mounting plate with an onboard shorting spring tests wiring continuity before installation
- No extension ring required
- Automatic selection of 12- or 24-volt operation at 15 and 15/75 candela
- Rotary switch simplifies field selection of speaker voltage (25 and 70.7 Vrms) and power settings (¼, ½, 1, and 2 watts)
- SP speakers offer high fidelity sound output
- SPV speakers offer high volume sound output
- Compatible with System Sensor synchronization protocol
- Electrical compatibility with existing SpectrAlert products
- Tamper-resistant construction
- Listed for ceiling or wall mounting