The Simplex 4098-9792 Sensor Base is an addressable Standard Sensor Base. Therefore, compatible with a variety of TrueAlarm Detector Heads. Also, this sensor base contains essential addressable electronics, which constantly monitor the status of the adjustable photoelectric or heat sensors.
Some of the main features and specifications are:
- Every four seconds, each sensor’s output is transmitted to the fire alarm control panel.
- Automatic identification provides default sensitivity when substituting sensor types.
- Red LED light for power-on (pulsing) or alarm or trouble (steady on).
- Locking anti-tamper design mounts on standard outlet box.
- Magnetically operated functional test.
In general, the Simplex 4098-9792 Sensor Base also allows intentional sensor substitution during building construction. Furthermore, when conditions are temporarily dusty, for instance, you don’t need to cover the smoke sensors, disabling them. In this case, heat sensors may be install without the need to reprogram the control panel.
Even if the control panel indicates an incorrect sensor type, the heat sensor will operate at a default sensitivity. As a result, you will have heat detection for building protection at that location. Therefore, compatible with Simplex fire alarm control panel models 4010, 4020, 4100, and 4120.