The Siemens ZH-MC-CW notification appliances feature an easy snap on base designed to simplify the installation and testing of horns, strobes, and horn/strobes. The separate Series Z snap on base pre-wired so circuit wiring fully tested before the appliance installed and before the walls are covered. Once all surrounding work is complete, the appliance can be simply install by snapping it on the base. Shorting contacts in the base, which provide continuity for circuit testing, permanently opened when the appliance installed; any subsequent removal of the appliance indicates a trouble condition on that circuit at the control panel when circuit supervision enabled. The same base used for all Series Z horns, strobes as well as horn/strobes to provide consistent installation; easy replacement of appliances if required. Furthermore, a locking screw included for the appliance to provide extra secure installation.
In general, the Siemens ZH-MC-CW appliances incorporate the same dependable circuitry and high efficiency optics; used in Siemens ST strobes, NS horn/strobes and NH horns and have the same high performance ratings. The Series Z appliances “Special Applications” listed with Siemens panels.
Features / Specifications
- Part Number: 500-636165
- Temperature Range: 32°F to 120°F
- 1 flash per second
- base plate protected by a disposable cover
- Strobes are design to flash at 1 flash per second minimum over their “Regulated Input Voltage Range”
- All candela ratings represent minimum effective strobe intensity based on UL Standard 1971.
- The base plate is protect by a disposable cover and the appliances can quickly snap onto the base after the walls are painted.