The Siemens S-LP70 speaker is a highly efficient 2-watt (maximum output) speaker that has been designed for emergency voice evacuation applications. Each S-LP series speaker comes designed to provide a frequency response within the human voice spectrum (ranging from 400 Hz and 4000 Hz).
The Siemens S-LP70 speaker is listed in accordance with UL 1480 for speaker appliances and strobe combination units are listed in accordance with UL 1971 (signaling devices for the hearing impaired). The S-LP series speakers are low-profile speakers that are available either in 25volt or 70volt versions. Each speaker provides a choice of 4 output taps (ranging from 1⁄4 watt to 2 watts). All speakers come tapped at 1⁄4 – watt at the factory.
Variations of the speaker include 25 volt or 70-volt versions, wall, and ceiling mount models, wall mount color variations (white or red), the option of providing the Adapter MultiCandela Strobe with the speaker (combination unit), and the option of using a metal grill plate rather than the standard plastic grill plate.
The strobes use a Xenon flash tube with solid-state circuitry for maximum reliability and efficiency. Also, the strobes have a modern rounded dome shape made of clear polycarbonate for maximum performance. Besides, the strobes have a technology called InstaSync built into each unit. The InstaSync technology automatically recognizes the need for the strobeís synchronization function when a DSC (Sync) module or PAD-3 is used for driving the synchronization of a notification appliance circuit (NAC).
Features / Specifications
- The Adapter feature offers four fields selectable candela values – 15/75, 30/75, 75 or 110
- Strobe operates in either sync or non-sync modes
- Clear audio reproduction with selectable audio power taps (1/4, 1/2, 1 & 2 watts)
- Low profile, only 1″ deep
- Speakers are available with 25V or 70V audio line matching transformers
- Strobes meet ADA guidelines
- UL 1971 listed for both wall and ceiling mount
- Strobe synchronization requires the Dual Sync Control Module or PAD-3
- Terminals accept 12 AWG wire