The Siemens RPR-1 Remote Polarized is an optional accessory for a fire alarm system control unit. This unit allows the fire alarm system control unit to provide emergency control of other systems in the building such as air handling systems, door control devices, smoke control systems, or other functions required by the local code and/or local authority.
Also, the Siemens RPR-1 Remote Polarized unit gives a form “C” contact which activates from a fire alarm system control unit. When connected to a polarity reversal type of signal circuit, there is the supervision of the wiring from the control unit to the RPR-1 unit.
But In other words, the installation has to be done only by qualified personnel who have thoroughly read and understood the instruction sheet.
- Have to disconnect all power into the system, including batteries.
- Mount backplate as required.
- Attach conduit and run wires as required.
- Connect wires from the Fire Alarm System Control Unit as shown.
- Connect field wires to contacts as required.
- Applied power to the system.
- And for the last check for the correct cooperation of functions.
Besides that, all the units need to be installed according of the regulations.
Download the https://www.downloads.siemens.com/download-center/Download.aspx?pos=download&fct=getasset&id1=A6V10239268 Specification sheet in *.pdf format