The Siemens MTE-2 model is an enclosure assembly that accommodates up to six remote telephones. Fasten the enclosure securely to a clean, dry, shock-free, and vibration-free surface. Consider the following when mounting the box.
- Mounting height for visual and manual access to the telephones in the enclosure
- A location that provides easy access to the remote telephone jacks
- Weight and size of the enclosure
- Local mounting codes
- P/N: 500-693297
When mounting, position the backbox clear of obstruction so that the door can open freely and so that the contents are easily accessible.
To install the MTE-2:
- Slip the door off the hinges of the box and put it to one side temporarily
- Cover the opening in the door by placing the clear lens over the studs on the door.
- Fasten the lens to the door using the six 6-32 nuts provided.
- Place the telephone cradle plate over the standoffs (marked A) located near the top of the enclosure.
- Fasten the plate to the standoffs using the four 4-40 x 1/4″ screws provided.
- Hold the empty enclosure against the wall at a height that provides easy access.
- Mark drill points on the wall in the center of the two slots on the upper rear of the box.
- Drill the two holes and screw in the top screws using 1/4″ or 3/8″ mounting hardware (user supplied). Leave a small gap between the wall and each top screw.
- Mount the enclosure on the two screws and then install the bottom screws.
- Tighten all screws securely against the back wall of the enclosure.
- Slip the door back on the hinges of the enclosure.