The Edwards SIGA2-HRS Heat Detector combination fixed temperature/rate-of-rise heat detectors provide a 15 °F rate-of-rise heat sensor for the detection of fast-developing fires. As well as a 135°F (57°C) fixed temperature sensor for slow building-fires. The heat sensor monitors the temperature of the air and determines whether an alarm should be initiated
Stand-alone alarm: Red LED indicator turns on, indicated evacuate the area. The Signature Series model Edwards SIGA2-HRS Heat Detector also is an intelligent device that contains a rate-of-rise and fixed-temperature to detect fire. The heat sensor monitors the temperature of the surrounding air and analyzes the data from the sensor to determine to initiate an alarm. The rate-of-rise heat specifically function is quickly detects a fast, flaming fire. The fixed-temperature heat function detects fire when the air temperature near the detector exceeds the alarm point. LED indicator.
In addition, the LED indicator displays the following states:
- Normal: Green LED indicator flashes, no action. Alarm/active
- Red LED indicator flashes evacuate the area.
- This detector will not operate without electrical power.
- This detector does not sense fires in areas where heat cannot reach the detector. Therefore the heat from fires in walls, roofs, or on the opposite side of closed doors may not reach the detector.
- This heat detector by itself does not provide life safety protection Use this detector with ionization and/or photoelectric smoke detectors.
- This detector does not detect oxygen levels, smoke, toxic gases, or flames. Use this device as part of a broad-based life safety program which includes a variety of information sources pertaining to heat and smoke levels, extinguishment systems, visual and audible devices, and other safety measures.
- Independent studies indicate those heat detectors should only be used when property protection alone is involved. Never rely on heat detectors as the sole means of fire protection