The Siemens U-HN-MCS Electro-Mechanical Horns & Strobes combine state of the art electronics with the rugged proven durability of a mechanical horn. The combination of electronics and mechanics provides the maximum penetrating sound power while eliminating problems associated with mechanical contacts. Also, the Adapter/U-MCS feature offers four field selectable candela settings 15/75, 30/75, 75 or 110.
In addition, all models remove the effects of inrush and RFI noise associated with contact operated mechanical devices. This design also eliminates the possibility of dust and dirt contaminating the contacts. Besides, the construction of the horn and horn strobe allows for flush mounting on a standard 4-inch square back box or surface mounting on a Model FBX-S or FBX-SF.
Screw terminals are provided for the horn and strobe. The Siemens U-HN-MCS strobe can be configured to operate independently from the horn. The strobe has a Xenon flash tube with solid state circuitry for maximum reliability and efficiency, and rounded dome shape made of clear polycarbonate.
Features / Specifications
- The Adapter feature offers four field selectable candela values – 15/75, 30/75, 75 or 110
- Strobe operates in either sync or non-sync modes
- Strobes only synchronization requires the Dual Sync Control Module or PAD-3
- Horn/strobe can be wire together or independently
- Screw terminals accept #12 AWG
- Contactless Electro-Mechanical design, resulting in no contact generated inference and high reliability