The Gamewell MCS-COF3-IV is a plug-in addressable device that provides both fire and carbon monoxide (CO) detection. Furthermore, the detector combines four separate sensing elements to sense multiple components of a fire: smoke, CO, light/flame, and heat. Additionally, this approach enables enhanced sensitivity to real fire with heightened immunity to nuisance particulates. For the Gamewell MCS-COF3-IV, the detector’s electrochemical sensing cell creates a separate signal for life safety CO detection.
Multiple sensors and communication can greatly reduce nuisance alarms compared to single sensing methods. Also, sophisticated algorithms maximize the advantages of all four sensor types creating our best detection strategy offering heightened immunity to nuisance particulate and enhanced sensitivity to real fire.
These elements sense multiple components of a fire. In addition, this approach enables an enhanced sensitivity to real fire with a heightened immunity to nuisance particulate. For CO, the detector’s electrochemical sensing cell creates a separate signal for life safety CO detection
Features / Specifications
- Detects all four major elements of a fire
- Separate CO detection signal
- Operates in Velociti® SLC protocol
- Separate audible signal for fire or CO alarm when used with a B200S series base
- Highest nuisance alarm immunity
- Automatic drift compensation for smoke and CO sensors
- RealTest® CO testing capability
- New modern profile with expanded color options
- Uses only one address on the SLC loop
- UL 268 7th edition, UL 521, and UL 2075 listed
- 10-year CO cell with end-of-life warning