Edwards Est SIGA2-HFS Intelligent Heat Detector bring advanced sensing technology to a practical design that increases efficiency, saves installation time, cuts costs, as well as extends property protection capabilities. Continuous self-diagnostics ensure reliability over the long-haul, while the latest thermistor technology makes these detectors ideal wherever dependable heat detection is required. With their modular CO sensor, these devices pull double-duty — continually monitoring the environment for heat from combustion, as well as its invisible yet deadly companion, carbon monoxide.
In fact, like all Signature Series detectors, these are intelligent device that gather analog information from their heat and CO sensor (if present), converting this data into digital signals. Also, to make an alarm decision, the detector’s on-board microprocessor measures and analyzes sensor readings and compares this information to historical data. Digital filters remove signal patterns that are not typical of fires, thus virtually eliminating unwanted alarms.
Features / Specifications
- Fixed temperature or rate-of-rise heat detection with optional carbon monoxide sensor
- Field-replaceable carbon monoxide sensor/daughterboard module
- Uses existing wiring
- Automatic device mapping
- Ground fault detection by module
- Up to 250 devices per loop
- Non-volatile memory
- Electronic addressing
- Bicolor (green/red) status LED
- Standard, relay, fault isolator, together with audible mounting bases
- 50 foot (15.2 meter) spacing
- 135 °F (57 °C) fixed temperature alarm point