Edwards Est DH500F Duct Detector Housing features the superior capabilities of an intelligent sensor in a unit that is easy to install and maintain. Also, the Edwards Est DH500F Duct Detector Housing samples air currents passing through a duct and gives dependable performance for the shutdown of fans, blowers, and air conditioning systems, preventing the spread of toxic smoke and fire gases through the protected area.
Both Model DH500 and DH500ACDC duct housings can accommodate either the 1551B Intelligent Ionization Sensor or the 2551B Intelligent Photoelectronic Sensor. Besides, the twist-in, twist-out heads allow for quick and easy cleaning or application changes without removing the duct housing.
In general, these sensors communicate and are continuously monitored through the communication line. In addition, detector sensitivity changes caused by dirt, smoke, temperature, or humidity are reported to the panel, allowing compensation algorithms to maintain the sensor’s set sensitivity. Furthermore, an advance indication at the panel specifies the sensor address, allowing for selected maintenance to be performe as needed.
Features / Specifcations
- Operates from the control panel communication line
- Has outputs for remote LED output, remote test (24 VDC)
- Voltage Range: 15 – 28 VDC peak
- Standby Current
(nominal): 200 µA at 24 VDC
- Power-up Surge at Max. Rated Voltage: 1.5 mA/sec.
- LED Current (nominal): 6 mA at 24 VDC
- Length: 14.5 inches (36.7 cm)
- Width: 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- Depth: 4 inches (10.2 cm)
- Weight: 4 lbs. (1.8 kg)