The four NACs found on the 4009 IDNet System Board and 4-Circuit NAC Option Card are Class B (Style Y). To support Class A (Style Z), you must install an adapter option card that mounts to the System Board and 4-circuit NAC Option Card. Each Simplex 4009-9808 Class A adapter module supports up to two NACs.
The Class A return wiring is terminated at TB1 on the module. The maximum current for each NAC circuit is 2 amps (1.5 amps on NAC Option Card [4009- 9807]). The total current available for all NAC circuits is 8 amps. Use the information in Figure 2 to terminate all Class A wiring to their appropriate connectors. Install the Simplex 4009-9808 Class A Adapter Option Card(s) piggy-backed onto the 4009 IDNet System Board or 4-Circuit NAC Option Card.
Use the following steps to mount the card(s):
- Disconnect battery and then AC power from the 4009 IDNet
- Press two Snap Posts (Part No. 202-067) into the appropriate holes on the 4009 IDNet System Board or 4-Circuit NAC Option Card
- Insert the 8-pin header (Part No. 532-624) into the 8-pin socket on the 4009 IDNet System Board or 4-Circuit NAC Option Card.
- Line up the back 8-pin connector of the Class A adapter option card with the 8-pin header installed on the 4009 IDNet System Board and 4-Circuit NAC Option Card and line up the two mounting holes and snap the Class A adapter option card into place.
- Turn ON the switch or switches on the hardware configuration switch SW1 that corresponds with the installed Class A adapter option card(s)