Firstly, the Edwards EST SIGA-IB4 4-inch Isolator Detector Base is intended for use with Signature Series Sensors. Also, features a built-in line fault isolator for use on Class A circuits. Besides, a detector must be install for Edwards Est SIGA-IB4 Isolator Detector Base to operate. The isolator base does not support the SIGA-LED Remote LED. Includes SIGA-TS4 Trim Skirt.
Signature Series detectors mount to North American 1-gang boxes, 3-1/2 inch or 4-inch octagon boxes, and to 4-inch square electrical boxes 1-1/2 inches (38 mm) deep. They mount to European BESA and 1-gang boxes with 60.3 mm fixing centers. See mounting base installation and wiring for more information.
The isolator operates as follows:
- a short on the line causes all isolators to open within 23 msec
- at 10 msec intervals, beginning on one side of the Class A circuit nearest the loop controller, the isolators close to providing the next isolator down the line with power
- when the isolator next to the short closes, it reopens within 10 msec.
The process repeats beginning on the other side of the loop controller.
Features / Specifications
- Built-in line fault isolator for use on Class A circuits
- Does not support the SIGA-LED Remote LED