The System Sensor SPWL speaker reduces costly ground faults using a plug-in design and universal mounting plate that allow the installer to pre-wire mounting plates, dress the wires, and confirm wiring continuity before plugging in the speakers. In addition, a protective plastic cover prevents nicked wires by covering exposed speaker components.
These devices also enable faster installations by providing instant feedback to ensure that wiring is properly connected, rotary switches to select voltage and power settings, and 7 field-selectable candela settings for wall speaker strobes. The low total harmonic distortion of the speaker offers high fidelity sound output while still offering high volume sound output for use in high ambient noise applications.
System Sensor SPWL speaker shall mount to a 4 × 4 × 21/8-inch back box. A universal mounting plate shall be use for mounting ceiling and wall products. The notification appliance circuit and amplifier wiring shall terminate at the universal mounting plate. Also, L-Series speaker strobes, when used with the Sync-Circuit™ Module accessory, shall be power from a non-coded notification appliance circuit output and shall operate on a nominal 12 or 24 volts.
Features / Specifications
- Plug-in design and protective cover reduce ground faults
- Universal mounting plate with an onboard shorting spring tests wiring continuity before installation
- Automatic selection of 12- or 24-volt operation at 15 and 30 candela
- Speakers offer high fidelity and high volume sound output
- Electrical compatibility with existing SpectrAlert and SpectrAlert Advance products
- Tamper-resistant construction
- Updated modern aesthetics